Tuesday, July 8, 2008

R U OUT THERE

There were times this past year that I "just drifted along" . Allowing the "world's" thoughts, mindset and direction "carry" me, so much easier that way. I remember watching science channel on "The Big Bang" why they have all the answers it seemed, so bright and positive in their declaration , even being able to "age" the earth and fossil remains to within 100 to 200 million years - !!
My associate this past year was an old "friend" Dr. Doubt-Alot, he accompanied me on some of my mental journeys. How do we know GOD IS , he says to me one evening. Why look ! , most of the world's renowned scientist don't mention God, its all cause and effect -- out there in space there is nothing , vacuum , space -- we have the earth as our classroom and we know that "little critters formed and today U have man and he lives and dies and life goes on -- period . Hmm, maybe your right I think -- after all , we don't see God stepping out of the atmosphere and making Himself known -- we have people in church, emotional people, many not grounded in religion , --alot of churchianity but little "CHRIST".
But then I remember -- I remember when I thru the witnessing of a humble baptist Christian, repented of my sinful life and asked God to forgive me and that I trusted HIS CHRIST as my Payment for my sin debt that I could not pay -- I believed by "faith" what this Bible said and I found Christ to be real INSTANTLY within my soul -- washed, made clean and alive . It was personal , the world could not "see" my Christ but I did within -- to my worldly friends, HE was still invisible, a vacuum, void , but to me , HE was "A Friend that sticketh closer than a brother".
My very worldly associate Dr. Doubt-Alot said he was leaving for the time being , as he didn't want to "hang" around with a person who didn't want to use common worldly intelligence -- for he says " THE FACT IS " there is no God -- u are your own god ---
This life we live , IS BY FAITH -- we are saved and kept by faith , but this faith is valid , for it regenerates, makes new the soul of man -- we been "BORN AGAIN" and every Christian born of the Spirit of God has an identical testimony ie: I repented, believed on the Name of the Son of God and was saved --- amazing this common denominator that scientist need to look for proof -- "We of every country , and tongue, we who found Christ have the same testimony ---
YES -- YOU, OH GOD , ARE OUT THERE ----

its only normal to be tested at times with doubts , but then we "remember" Ah ! The sweetness of HIS COMFORT , HIS PRESENCE ---

hang in there Christian pilgrim ----

4 comments:

passing-thru said...

Commenting on my own post - is that a first ? I put in the post that in churches most are hypocrits -- not what I wanted to say -- - should have said -- many don't live the Christian life -- I wanted to edit the post but didn't know how to do it -- so am commenting here to "correct" it --

Felisol said...

Dear Passing-Thru,
I just found these words over at Renae´s;
"Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:6 - 11"

That seemed to fit so nicely to your blog post.

I am amazed that so many mothers take upon themselves that amount of work that you are describing. Wow!
Having done some teaching in my life, even though I´m first and foremost a nurse fro the mentally disabled, I find that must be a most demanding task!
But no doubt a good and rewarding one.
I´ve got the utmost respect for women taking the full responsibility of their motherhood.
I for certain must review my opinion of the Americans (and the Canadians little lesser)being mainly materialists. That is an old fashioned point of view.
Blog and learn!
Yours Felisol

passing-thru said...

Thankyou Felisol --

Lord Bless U and yours --

Terry said...

Oh yes! That Felisol is one good teacher Passing-thru. She is still at it. She teaches me so much!
I am glad that she doesn't think that all of us are materialist. Although I find I have to find myself fighting this all the time. It is not a good way to be!.
I figure that I can have as many books as I can acquire sometimes and you can never have enough CDs...Ha! But what about the time that you DON'T have to get at reading and listening to them all? Better to start and give some away!

Grampa Yade told me the other day, because sometimes we think that Dad Golden could have been saved in his younger days [he told Darrell, his grandson that he was saved when he was 12] well, Grampa Yade said if Dad Golden wasn't living it, then HE is a hypocrite! So I guess there is more ways than one to be a hypocrite, eh Passing-thru!...