Sunday, July 6, 2008

FIRST PRIORITY

First blog ever on the First day of the week and this "thought" should be the first thought of every day that we may "please" HIM ------- excerpt from George Mueller from "years gone by" ---
But there was an aroma about Mueller's Calvinism that was different from many stereotypes. For him the sovereign goodness of God served, first and foremost, the satisfaction of the soul. And then the satisfied soul was freed to sacrifice and live a life of simplicity and risk and self-denial and love. But everything flowed from the soul that is first satisfied in the gracious, sovereign God. Mueller is clearer on this than anyone I have ever read. He is unashamed to sound almost childishly simple:
According to my judgement the most important point to be attended to is this: above all things see to it that your souls are happy in the Lord. Other things may press upon you, the Lord's work may even have urgent claims upon your attention, but I deliberately repeat, it is of supreme and paramount importance that you should seek above all things to have your souls truly happy in God Himself! Day by day seek to make this the most important business of your life. This has been my firm and settled condition for the last five and thirty years. For the first four years after my conversion I knew not its vast importance, but now after much experience I specially commend this point to the notice of my younger brethren and sisters in Christ: the secret of all true effectual service is joy in God, having experimental acquaintance and fellowship with God Himself.67 ------
Granted, this is easier "said" than done - but it is "DO-ABLE" -- trusting that HE is ABLE to DO this and more in our lives -
passing-thru

4 comments:

Terry said...

Oh ! Oh! Oh!
How nice Passing-thru!
Oh I am so glad!!
Can I put your link on my favourites?
This is so exciting! Just wait until Donna and my Felisol find out about THIS!!!!
God bless you ....Love Terry

donna said...

Yes Passing-thru this is great news!!! just wait until I let LPP and LMG know about this....they too will be so very excited!!! I will await permission to link to you...

God Bless You my friend...
donna

passing-thru said...

Donna , U need no permission from me on any issue -- feel free to do as U wish :-)
Still -- would rather just browse , think, and comment on other blogs :-) we will see --

donna said...

there is no pressure, no expectations, just the joy and excitement to link up here with a brother in Christ and friend and share the gospel of Jesus Christ...