Wednesday, July 9, 2008

DO NOT DILUTE

Many cleaners or concentrates need to be diluted for proper use -- but not the Gospel --

"Paul" was careful NOT to water down the Gospel. Salvation simple and plain is of God ONLY. The "creature" has no boast in the redemption of himself. God planned, implemented, provided, prepared us to "receive" and Saved us by His Own Blood.
A few weeks ago , I had two "latter day saints" show up - (years ago I "discussed" with some of salvation ) well ! I says to them as I answered the door -- Mormons heh ! , yes sir we are ,they declared, and I guess that U would like to "discuss" religion of sorts , yes we would they said.
Instead of "pointing" out their doctrinal error, I paused, and simply and sincerely said " gentlemen, your in a "cult" that teaches unbiblical truths , it is leading U to destruction and U in turn are leading others to a Christless grave. They started to protest when I said this -- "Are U saved by Jesus Christ ONLY, His Blood and That is the Full Payment for your sins ." -- yes the both said, I then said , by faith in His work ALONE , a man is justified, they said yes.
I THEN said this to them ---- Can U be saved without mormonism, can u be saved without joseph smith's teachings ?? They both in unison , dropped their heads and said quietly , NO --
I said gentlemen -- U agreed that a man is saved and justified PERFECTLY THRU THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST ALONE and now U say U cannot be saved without mormonism .
They could hardly look at me --- I said to them , SEE ! What a cult your in , bondage and fear -- "your taught in your meetings to answer evangelicals with "pat" answers to doctrine but U know the bible declares that a man is justified by faith in the Blood of Christ ALONE and yet thru your attendance in a cultic society , U are in darkness and fear and have been taught that it is thru joseph smith and mormonism that U are saved --- they walked from my home with heads down and I said as they left -- with your own mouths U have declared the "error" of your ways and U now U go looking to "lead" others to a Christless salvation.
I padded my words with "tenderness" and expressed God's Love for them and told them clearly, that their gospel is that of joseph smith and NOT THAT OF CHRIST'S -- of this they could not deny ---- HOW GREAT IS THAT DARKNESS

2 comments:

Felisol said...

Dear Passing-Thru,
how nice of you to show the "missionaries" true Christian love and need for their immortal souls.

I have a first cousin in America who is a Mormon. He never talks about his stray religion to us, his family, when he visits Norway, and we never mention anything about him being bewildered either.

It is difficult. He's such a nice person, yet there is no salvation in being nice.
Hmm. I guess I have to pray for an opportunity to talk with him.
I honestly haven't done that.

You are a good reminder, dear Passing-Thru.
From Felisol

Terry said...

Dear Passing-thru.. I have a school friend who lives in BC and he is Seventh Day of Venice.
Betty and I saw him when we went to our school reunion in my beloved Manitoba.
He is such a nice guy and it is really difficult for me to know that he is part of a cult. He has asked me very serious questions by email sometimes and I always try to tell him the truth,'
Passing-thru, I wonder how they can get away with their thinking that Saturday is the Sabbath? When the Lord Jesus arose, He came to the disciples on the first day of the week and that was Sunday, wasn't it?
I am so enjoying reading these posts that I missed and I am always glad to read all of the comments too......Christian love, Terry