Monday, July 21, 2008

CAN U TRUST IN GOD FOR

As a young Christian with a wife and 4 young children, I was asked to "leave" my employment as a supervisor for my "witnessing".
With only 100 dollars to our entire wealth and all the "needs" such as rent, food , car payment , etc. , the Lord "impressed" upon me not to look for work -- but to "trust" HIM -- I thought, how can this be -- I had read of George Mueller's life of faith --- but how did I know for sure that HE wanted me to "risk" the wellbeing of my family .
I told my wife this was how I felt the Lord was leading -- she agreed to pray and trust with me.
The next morning I fasted, prayed and then set out to visit nursing homes and hold bible studies in homes of Christians --- I didn't tell anyone I was out of work --
That next sunday , I was teaching an adult sunday school class and on the podium was an envelope with money with a note saying -- for your needs ------- this continued week after week, one blessing upon another -- from various sources , from people who years ago we helped out and they "out of the blue" felt compelled to send us money back --
This continued for about 2 months when I wanted to be "certain" the Lord was still leading me on this faith walk -- I prayed that morning this prayer -- "Lord if U want me to continue this way, would U bring me 50 dollars from the last person on earth I would ever imagine giving me money - Now that 50 dollars was needed that very day for a bill I owed.
30 Seconds after that prayer , the front doorbell rang -- I went down the stairs and my sister was standing there -- this is 8:30 in the morning -- she had a puzzled look on her face and she said this -- " My husband last nite said , I want U to bring Bob this 50 dollars for his needs. " -- now my sister was not a church goer and her husband loved money - was not the type to give money away to anyone ever --my sister was in "shock" for her husband NEVER would do anything like this.
SO I GOT MY FLEECE answered and this "faith" walk continued for another month and the Lord then impressed upon me to look for work and that very day HE gave me a wonderful job.
So for 3 months, HE supplied every bill and need without once asking anyone for anything -- we had our needs supplied in the most amazing ways ---
WE NEED TO CONTINUE TO TRUST IN HIM
passing-thru

2 comments:

Terry said...

Dear Passing-thru.
I visit your blog every morning and I must say that you are getting a real good collection here of great posts.
They are worth printing out and saving. I might just print a few out that are exceptionally good[they ALL are] and take them over to Mom Goldens. I gave her a nice book that she has been putting them into and she enjoys reading.
She will really relate to this post.
I remember another time that the Lord let her know that everything was fine.
One time when Gracey was about 13 years old and she was being picked on horribly at school,she took it into her head to run away to Ottawa where to her mind she used to be happy[we lived there for a few years]..Well when she hadn't come home and it was very late at night. Dad and Mom Golden were so worried. Mom decided instead if worrying she would turn to God, which she did and while reading the Bible she came across these words, "Why make ye this ado, and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth."
My mom believed the Lord and her mind was at peace. Dad thought she had gone crazy, but shortly after, the phone rang and it was the Ottawa Police. They said that Karen had tried to go to the YWCA to get a room but the YWCA called the police in on it and the police picked her up and gave Karen a nice of place to sleep and then they called the parents!.
" Neat Stuff", eh Passing-thru? The little girl was sleeping and she was safe!!

Have a good day...Love Terry

PS A few weeks later Dad Golden got a bill in the mail from the Police. It was a charge for a hot beef sandwich. So not only did she have a safe place to sleep, she had also been well fed!!

passing-thru said...

Great testimony Terry --
I enjoy hearing your stories

Praise God -- these are blessings to this pilgrim